We provide timely written and verbal tax advice that you can understand.
We clearly tell you:
- What the issues are
- What the tax law is
- How the tax law applies
- What you can do to legally comply with the tax law in the most effective way
With offices in Brisbane and Sydney, our team is available to meet with you, wherever you are, to discuss your case, explain our advice and implement the “next steps”.
We advise on
- income tax
- capital gains tax (CGT)
- goods & services tax (GST) and other indirect taxes
- employments taxes – FBT, PAYG
- business tax issues – including trusts, unpaid present entitlements, Division 7A, CGT “small business concessions” and roll-overs
- penalties, general interest charge, shortfall interest charge
- tax audits, tax dispute resolution and tax litigation
- tax objections
- complex commercial transactions
- tax effective business structuring
- state taxes such as transfer duty, pay-roll tax and land tax
Tax effective business structuring
Tax effective planning and structuring enables you, your business and your family to legitimately minimise your tax burden and maximise your returns.
Working within the complex tax laws and your asset protection and commercial objectives, we advise on how to best structure your affairs to legally minimise your tax.
By advising on immediate as well as potential tax issues, we assist our clients to plan strategically so they can continue to grow.
We are experienced in assisting businesses to establish the most effective structure in terms of management, ownership, risk, liability and tax considerations.
Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
We use our vast tax knowledge and experience to advise clients on the CGT implications of different transactions and identify the best way to structure and implement transactions to take advantage of available discounts, small business concessions, roll-overs and exemptions.
Whether you are selling your business, retiring, undergoing a business restructure, or undergoing some other commercial transaction, we will identify the best tax solution for you.
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
We advise on a range of general and technical GST issues, including:
- GST audits
- eligibility for and application of the margin scheme
Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
We work closely with employers to help them legally minimise their FBT liability in providing employee benefits such as:
- company car benefits
- car parking benefits
- entertainment benefits
- loan benefits
- employee share scheme benefits
- residual benefits
- travel benefits
Tax audits and disputes
We work closely with you to determine the best strategy to resolve your dispute at the earliest possible stage and at least cost, while protecting your position and rights.
We are highly experienced in providing practical, strategic and technical advice on the conduct of tax dispute resolution matters from the initial contact by revenue authorities through to objection and the conclusion of litigation.